Advice & Resources
The College of Chiropodists of Ontario is now offering a Practice Advisory Service.
The Practice Advisor (PA) is available to answer members’ questions about their professional services in Ontario. Providing professional practice advice on behalf of the College, the PA is available to support members with making sound and ethical clinical and business decisions that comply with legislative requirements, the Standards of Practice, and College policies and guidelines. The PA is also available to support the public with questions about the practice of chiropodists and podiatrists.
Members are encouraged to contact the PA to discuss unfamiliar circumstances and possible options for resolution. For members, practice advice does not replace their own clinical and professional judgment. The PA cannot provide legal or financial advice.
Who can contact the Practice Advisor?
The College’s PA is available to provide neutral, private and confidential support to:
- Insurance companies
- Other health care providers
- Other members of the public
Why contact the Practice Advisor?
Contact the PA with any questions about specific practice or clinical situations, expectations and requirements relating to the Chiropody Act, 1991, its Regulations, Standards of Practice, patient matters (consent, privacy, etc.) or if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Important things to know when contacting the Practice Advisor
- The PA cannot offer a legal opinion or legal advice.
- The PA will not provide an opinion or advice on matters relating to complaints or disciplinary decisions or action on the part of the College.
- Information or advice provided by the PA will not take the form of specific instruction or direction except where it is necessary in the interest of public safety.
- Information provided to the PA will remain confidential and will not be shared or used by other departments of the College except in the following situations:
- where the College is authorized or required to release the information
- where it is necessary to disclose the information in the interest of public safety
For issues regarding matters beyond the scope of the College, individuals are encouraged to seek independent advice (legal, financial, etc.)
Articles of Interest
Webinars & Videos